Stem cell therapy is a novel technique that has been used by German specialists for about 5 years. German clinics treat patients in accordance with strict requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice, Pharmaceuticals and Active Agent Manufacturing Ordinance, and Codes of Good Practice. This ensures sufficient quality of stem cell products and remarkable results in treating chronic and incurable disorders.
Stem cell therapy is a novel technique that has been used by German specialists for about 5 years. German clinics treat patients in accordance with strict requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice, Pharmaceuticals and Active Agent Manufacturing Ordinance, and Codes of Good Practice. This ensures sufficient quality of stem cell products and remarkable results in treating chronic and incurable disorders. Due to polypotency of the autologous and donor stem cells, such treatment offers results which another conventional or natural treatment option cannot guarantee, e.g. in treating Lyme disease.
What are stem cells?
Stem cells give origin to all cells and tissues of the human body. Being pluripotent and non-specific at first, they differentiate into necessary tissues under the influence of inner factors. Depending on the material source and harvesting procedure, there are three types of stem cells:
- Human embryonic stem cells that are taken from the non viable human embryos. Ethical aspect limits usage of this material source, it is allowed only in the selected countries.
- Umbilical cord stems cells are taken from the umbilical cord blood of healthy newborns after the birth. These cells serve as the progenitors of the immune system components and red blood cells.
- Adipose derived stem cells are the autologous ones. They are taken from the patient`s adipose tissue.
Prior to the therapy start, stem cell products are processed in order to remove the superficial antigens. Cells without superficial antigens are accepted by the immune system as the own ones. This makes possible usage of the donor cells.
When should stem cells be applied?
In Germany, stem cell treatment is successfully applied in chronic and potentially incurable conditions, such as
- Parkinson`s disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Retinitis pigmentosa.
- Immunodeficiency states.
- Oncological diseases.
- Orthopedic pathologies, such as osteonecrosis and non-healing fractures.
- Chronic pancreatitis and diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetic retinopathy and optic nerve atrophy.
- Diabetic neuropathy.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Ischemic and dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Pulmonary fibrosis.
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Lyme disease.
Introduction of stem cells may be combined with radiation therapy (e.g. in patients with blood cancers) or be a component of the rehabilitation program (e.g. in patients with immunodeficiencies or autoimmune disorders). Moreover, stem cells have additional non-specific action. Due to alleviating pain and reducing inflammation, their use is considered in other conditions as well.
How will stem cells be introduced into my body?
Depending on the localization of damaged region and general therapeutic aims, stem cell products are introduced in the human body in three basic ways:
- Injections in the targeted region. Stem cell products are injected into the arterial network of the targeted region (e.g. heart, optic nerve or muscles). This creates necessary concentration of the solution in the target region and alleviates the systemic side effects.
- Injections in the systemic circulation. The preparation is introduced intravenously, spreading through the organism. This is beneficial for treatment of hematopoietic and immune disorders.
- Injections into the spinal canal. Stem cell products are spreading through the cerebrospinal fluid, which is suitable for targeting brain and spinal cord.
Process of specific stem cells differentiation in the target region may be additionally stimulated by the weak electrical current or low dose irradiation.
Stem cells in treatment of Lyme disease
At the early stages Lyme disease treatment includes simple prescription of antibacterial drugs (i.e. doxycycline, amoxicillin or cefuroxime). Timely antibiotic prophylaxis and therapy provide patients with fast and complete heal from Lyme disease. As the disease progresses, conventional treatment schemes become less efficient and fail to prevent neurological deficits, including persistent seizures or paralysis.
The ongoing practical research project MyLymeData demonstrates that about 38% of patients use alternative treatment options along with antibiotics intake. And even more, 31% of patients consider using alternative therapies as the monotherapy. Stem cells are the most promising among such options.
Typically, during treatment in Germany doctors use autologous stem cells that are harvested from patient’s bone marrow and/or adipose tissue, enriched and cultivated to the necessary quantity. After the additional photo activation in the AdiLight machine, they are injected back to the patient intravenously. Positive treatment effects will reveal themselves gradually, during 2-4 months.
Receiving the stem cell therapy abroad
During planning stem cell therapy in Germany international patients need to consider peculiarities of German healthcare system, which may be challenging. It is more advantageous to use services of Booking Health. Booking Health is the certified medical tourism provider that helps patients from 75 countries to undergo rare and high-technological treatment abroad. Booking Health services include but not limited to:
- Assistance in hospital selection and receiving treatment invitation.
- Elaboration of the preliminary stem cell treatment program.
- Booking the appointment on the necessary date, without long waiting.
- Providing favorable medical services cost (saving up to 50% from costs for the international patients).
- Monitoring the ongoing medical program by independent experts.
- Arranging control examinations, if necessary.
- Arranging further distant consultations with the treating physician, if necessary.
- Taking care about visa, plane tickets and accommodation, interpreter, etc.
Leave the treatment request on the website of the company, and a competent specialist will contact you the same day for discussing further steps.